Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Siesta Schedule & Format

As we're gearing up to begin the Summer Siesta Bible Study on Tuesday, June 23rd, here is a schedule of the sessions as well as a few notes on the format of the study:

  • Tuesday, June 23, 2009 (1st Mini-Session/LAUNCH/Group instructions) (DO WEEKS ONE AND TWO OF HOMEWORK ON YOUR OWN.)
  • Tuesday, July 7, 2009 (2nd Mini-Session/Group Instructions) (DO WEEKS THREE AND FOUR OF HOMEWORK ON YOUR OWN.)
  • Tuesday, July 21, 2009 (3rd Mini-Session/Group Instructions) (DO WEEKS FIVE AND SIX OF HOMEWORK ON YOUR OWN.)
  • Tuesday, August 4, 2009 (4th Mini-Session/Conclusion)
Don't forget to sign up on the LPL Blog ON LAUNCH DAY (not before the 23rd and not today) and give the biographical information they’ll request. (Questions like, Group or solo? If group, how many? Who’s the group comprised of? Where are you located?) This is one of the most fun parts. We get to see what our class looks like.
Beth is going to ask us to submit a photo of our group, so........please find a photo of yourself and email it to me (truevibe at rogers dot com) and I will try to Photoshop something together or all of us as a collage to post. Barring that, you could also post your individual photo on the LPL blog on sign-up day. But I would really like to get a picture of our group! I think it will be fun!

Here's Beth's description of how the format will work:
"On each of our meeting days (every other week starting Tuesday, June 23rd through Tuesday, August 4th), I will “facilitate” our summer study through a video mini-session about 15 minutes long. In it I’ll give you instructions for discussion questions or activities for your group meeting that day based on our previous two weeks of study. (THE VIDEOS ARE PITIFUL, ONE-TIME-TAKES, DONE IN-HOUSE WITHOUT PROFESSIONALS. AND IT’S PART OF WHAT MAKES IT FUN. LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS DRAMATICALLY. THEY’RE SO BAD THAT SOMETIMES SABRINA AND I GET SO TICKLED THAT WE CRY. BUT THE INFORMATION IS REAL AND THE STUDY IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.) You will then implement them into your gathering. If at all possible, try to watch them as a small group at the very beginning of your meeting time so that everybody’s on the same page. (Bar any unforeseen technical difficulties, I will make sure the post is up first thing on those Tuesday mornings.)
It's going to be so much fun! And, at the top of our list of priorities, it's going to be a joy to God, attract His wonderful favor, bring Him some substantial glory, and help keep us out of the ditch. "

Ok, so because we are an online group, here are some extra instructions:
1) Each "Meeting Day" (every other Tuesday) I'll post Beth's discussion questions &/or suggested activities.
Post your thoughts, comments, answers to any or all of the discussion questions in the comment box at the end of that post. We can keep the discussion going for the whole 2 weeks!

If you have any questions, this would be a good place to ask them!

I am really excited about getting to know each of you, and hearing what God is doing in your heart and life as a result of this study! Please pray that the books I've ordered arrive by Monday. If they don't we'll have to go to Plan B, whatever that is!

- Judi

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good, I too am waiting for my Back Ordered Book. So if we get our books do you want us to have the first two chapter read or will we be doing that between session one and session two?
    I'll e-mail my picture soon.
    Blessings,
    Lynn - OR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn (and everyone else) I'm pretty sure that the first session this coming Tuesday will be the introductory session and then we'll get started on the homework in the book after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi,

    I have my book and am on the 2nd week of homework. I think I'm pretty much right on time. I hope. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to post your comment here. Please sign your first name at the end (last name is optional)