Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WHY DOES GOD ALLOW SUFFERING


So many of us have struggled with this issue. Why did God give me cancer? Why are children being abused by adults? Does God see this? Why is God allowing people in war torn countries to be oppressed and tortured? Why did God take my ill child from me?

My heart mourns for the world sometimes and all the pain and suffering of this world. BUT MY FRIENDS, WE NEED TO TRIUMPH OVER THIS SUFFERING.

Jesus was tortured and suffered a horrible death on the cross for EACH AND EVERYONE OF US, BUT HE TRIUMPHED OVER DEATH BY CONQUERING IT THROUGH HIS RESURRECTION.

How are we going to be strong Christian soldiers fighting the good fight if we haven’t experienced a few tough battles.

Now, I believe God does not intend for us to be ill and suffer, but we live in a world that is working against God. John 5:17 Jesus says: “My Father is working still and I am working”. God wanted humans to work with him and we have not been cooperating very well with God. He gives us clean air and what do we do; pollute it. Pollution causes health problems and so we get ill and we blame it on God. I blame it on Satan. I blame it on sin in this world on Earth.

Listen, God wants us to turn our illness and suffering into an experience of triumph. If God allows suffering, it means he can use it for our ultimate good rather than letting it defeat His purpose.

John 9:1-3 “As he went along he saw a blind man from birth. His disciples asked him: “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind.” In verse 3 Jesus says: “neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life”.

I honestly believe the work of God was displayed in my life through my illnesses. When I had to be still, I sought God and meditated on His word like my life depended on it…which it does! And so I have grown so much as a Christian and experienced much blessing.

Lastly, take a look at the apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 and prepare to be in awe:

“To keep me from being conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

God is in control of your life, so we need to trust in him whether or not we are cured. He works out everything for good. Psalm 34:8 “Taste and see that the Lord is good.”

God bless,

Tammy B.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for that reminder Tammy!
    - judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy - Your post is the 4th message of this subject that I have heard/read in the past month. It is a great comfort to have decided that God IS good and nothing happens to me but that which has been sifted through his omnipotent loving hands. When circumstances happen that I perceive as "bad" I look back at my God and remind myself that He is in total control and loves me with a measureless love. Then, once I have that tightly in my mental grasp again, I look back at the circumstance...knowing that all things will work together for good! Praise Him!
    June

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to post your comment here. Please sign your first name at the end (last name is optional)