Sunday, August 2, 2009

Monday Morning Devotional - Love is a VERB

Recently I read somewhere that "Love is a VERB" and it has stayed with me – almost constantly.
I also recently read a story on CNN. This story was about a young woman and her brother who were adopted by a man who had dated their mother. You see, the young woman writing the story had been adopted by a woman and now that woman had died. There were no family members who wanted the children so an old friend of their mother’s stepped up to the plate. He added the two children to his own family. I really identified with the pain in her story and sat in from of the computer and cried. Yet, I know my God, El-Shaddai, has comforted and healed me and could not understand why I was such a mess by reading that story. As I prayed and asked my Father to help me understand what was happening, He reminded me of the verse 2 Cor. 1:3-5 –

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

I told my Father that He has brought me through many things victoriously and the memories of them are in my head. As I touched my head as emphasis my hands slid down to my heart and I told my Father the memories were also in my heart. It was then, through my tears, that I spread my hands out before Him and said “Father, my head is engaged, my heart is engaged, please let all this flow out through my hands”. I then thought again of the phrase I heard recently – “Love is a VERB”.

God intends us to be His hands in the marketplace – to be the flesh and bones over His Spirit as He demonstrates His love to others and comforts them in their pain. I must die to myself and my personal selfish desires and allow Him to work in and through me. To offer through those hands a taste of Him - to the extent that others will see Him alone and taste of His goodness. Once they have really tasted of that Living Water there is absolutely no turning back – they WILL desire a full portion for themselves. We are but clay vessels containing that Living Water and it needs to be poured out.
Father, please grant us this day that we would forsake all save you. That we would fall more in love with Jesus in and through your precious word. May we love the Bride and the world as Jesus does.

Yours in Him
June

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post your comment here. Please sign your first name at the end (last name is optional)