Monday, August 17, 2009

A PURE HEART

Purify my heart; let me be as gold and precious silver,
Purify my heart, let me be as gold, pure gold.
Refiner’s fire, my heart’s one desire; is to be holy, set apart for you Lord,
I choose to be holy, set apart for you my Master, ready to do your will.
(song by Brian Doerksen)

We need to purify our hearts in order to be ready to do God’s will. How can God work through us or use us for his perfect purpose if our hearts are filled with guilt, animosity or anger? These are things that Satan can use against us to steer us away from God’s will in our lives and from working effectively for Him.

Recently, I have had to ask God to purify my heart from this hurt and anger I have been holding on to. I knew I had to let it go to effectively move forward in my walk with God, but I was still hanging on to the hurt and anger. My awesome Christian mentor (my dad) has been praying for me and he pointed me in the direction of forgiveness and God spoke to me through my dad about purifying my heart so I can see clearly and allow God to work through my life…to have a pure pathway ready to do his will and receive his miracles in my life. It is liberating!

We are constantly bombarded with negative people, attacks of hurt, misunderstandings, and ignorance. Don’t let them consume you. We can’t be exempt from them, but have to face these issues in our lives and deal with them, pray about them and let them go. God will allow these negative things in our lives to stretch us and refine us and bring us closer to Jesus. Keep your eyes on Jesus and allow God to speak to you through his word and the people around you.

Psalm 51:10-12
“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” (NIV)

God bless you all!
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Tammy for that wonderful reminder. And it goes so well with what we learned in the MM&L Bible Study about our thought closets!!!
    God bless,
    Judi

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to post your comment here. Please sign your first name at the end (last name is optional)